"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is something in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening" -Coco Chanel

Followers

Friday, November 4, 2011

Beauty Inside and Out: Animal Cruelty Free Compainies.

Hi girls!!! It has been too long! I apologize for not being around as much as I would like! I have been too busy lately!

I have always loved animals, there has never been a time in my life when I haven't had at least two cats in my house. As you also know, I love makeup and when I found out some of the horrible things they put in cosmetics, I was absolutely disgusted.

I'm not going to say exactly what is in the products, in depth, If you would like to know go to the Peta animal ingredients list. It is really shocking, what you are putting on your face! I didn't go into detail, just because I didn't want to upset or gross anyone out, but I really do recommend looking at the list, for both health and humanity reasons.

What I am going to share with you, is a list of cruelty free beauty and cosmetic companies, and a few that unfortunately contribute to the animal testing and bi-product use.

Cruelty Free Companies
  • Arbonne.
  • MAC.
  • Almay.
  • Aveda.
  • Burt's Bee's.
  • Bath and Bodyworks.
  • The Body Shop.
  • C.O. Bigelow (at Bath & Bodyworks).
  • E.L.F. cosmetics.
  • Hard Candy.
  • Hello Kitty Cosmetics.
  • LUSH.
  • NYX.
  • OPI.
  • Physcians Formula.
  • Revlon.
  • Smashbox Cosmetics.
  • Stila Cosmetics.
  • Tarte Cosmetics.
  • Too Faced Cosmetics.
  • Urban Decay.
  • Wet n Wild.
  • Victoria Secret Beauty.
Companies That are Cruel to Animals :(
  • Aveeno.
  • Aussie Hair Products.
  • Chapstick.
  • DOLCE & GABANNA (perfume).
  • Estee Lauder.
  • Kiehls.
  • Lancome.
  • Maybelline.
  • Mary Kay.
  • Neutrogena.
  • Olay.
  • Shiseido Cosmetics.
There were a few companies that weren't on either of the lists, such as Benefit Cosmetics or the Sephora brand cosmetics. I'm going to have to look into those more. Also I did not include ever company on both lists, only the more popular ones, check out the link to see both of the full lists.

I'm also going to make a tab devoted to animal cruelty free beauty!

love,

3 comments:

  1. MAC belongs to Estee Lauder; they don't have different animal testing policies because they are the *same* company.

    Furthermore, Bath and Body Works says that the 'finished product isn't tested on animals' because the INGREDIENTS are. Victoria's Secret, B&BW and CO Bigelow are all the same company.

    Also, all subsidiaries of Loreal except for the Body Shop conduct animal testing, not just Shiseido and Maybelline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so cool! and i definitely agree with this post! i am now following, please check out my blog at www.thisisours.blogspot.com XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked the companies I did off of a Peta list, I think they know what they are talking about...And also I realize some of the Bath and Bodyworks ingredients tests on animals, but I did not know this until a few days ago.
    Thank you so much Francesca!!! I really appreciatre it :) I'll be sure to check it out!!!

    ReplyDelete